Denihan Hospitality Group
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Submit Your Resume
Edit Your Profile
Executive Sous Chef
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
• Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
• Review the daily activities; check the following:
o house count
o forecasted covers for each outlet
o Catering activity
o VIPs/special guests
• Establish the day's priorities and assign production and prep task to staff to execute.
• Review daily specials and offer feedback to Sous Chefs.
• Review Banquet Event Order sheets and make note of any changes; post function sheets for the next 7 days.
• Meet with Sous Chef to review schedules, assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
• Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
• Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
• Review the market list.
• Requisition the days supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly. Communicate needs with Purchasing and Storeroom personnel. Ensure quality of products received.
• Meet with the Executive Steward to review equipment needs, Banquet plate up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, Health/Safety and sanitation follow up.
• Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled; document any late or absent employees.
• Coordinate breaks for staff.
• Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
• Check and ensure that all opening duties are completed to standard.
• Ensure that each Kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
• Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted.
• Check P.O.S. printers on the line; ensure they are in working order and there is enough paper available for the shift.
• Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
• Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
• Work on line during service and assist wherever needed.
• Be aware of any shortages and make arrangements before the item runs out.
• Ensure that F&B Service Staff are informed of 86'd items and amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
• Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Conduct a frequent walk- through of each Kitchen area and direct respective personnel to correct any deficiencies. Ensure that quality and details are being maintained.
• Inspect the cleanliness of the line, floor, all Kitchen stations. Direct staff to rectify any deficiencies.
• Ensure that staff maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
• Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
• Instruct staff in the correct usage and care of all machinery in the Kitchen operation, stressing safety.
• Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
• Develop new menu items, test and write recipes.
• Assist Catering Department with developing special menus for functions; meet with clients as requested.
• Supervise and direct the organization and preparation of food for the Employee Cafeteria.
• Review sales and food cost daily; resolve any discrepancies with the Controller.
• Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food and labor costs.
• Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
• Monitor and ensure that all closing duties are completed to standard before staff sign out.
• Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
• Provide feedback to staff on their performance; handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to Hotel standards.
• Conduct scheduled performance appraisals.
• Interview and hire new personnel according to Hotel policies and standards.
• Prepare weekly work schedules for all Kitchen personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet business demands.
• Prepare daily/weekly payroll reports.
• Document pertinent information in the log book and follow up on items notated during other shifts
• Plan and conduct monthly departmental meetings.
• Attend weekly staff meetings, F&B meetings, pre-convention meetings, B.E.O. review meetings.
• Return business telephone calls.
• Answer correspondence.
• Research local farm products, new suppliers, special markets.
• Attend gourmet shows, food and wine meetings.
• Perform at special events and off-premise functions.
• Schedule and conduct month-end inventories.
• Prepare menu analysis and recipe costing.
• High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate, some college.
• Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship.
• Prior experience in a similar position at a luxury style Hotel or Restaurant.
• Work all stations in Kitchen.
• Food handling certificate.
• Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
• Compute basic arithmetic.
• Provide legible communication.
• Knowledge of food cost controls.
• Previously worked with all products and food ingredients.
• Operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
• Plan and develop menus and recipes.
• Expand and condense recipes.
• Ability to:
o Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
o Prioritize and organize.
o Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
o Follow directions thoroughly.
o Understand guest’s service needs.
o Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
o Work with minimal supervision.
o Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
o Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
o Direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
• Work a flexible schedule including: days, nights, weekends and holidays
• Culinary college degree.
• Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese or German.
• Sanitation certificate.
• Maintain good coordination.
• Certification in CPR.
• Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
• Previous guest relations training.
• Artistic talent.
Send This Job to a Friend