The Director of Front Office provides guest service as well as supervision, direction and leadership in the Front Office in accordance with the objectives, performance and quality standards established by The Surrey Hotel.
• Directs all activities of the front office and communicates with other departments to ensures complete guest and associate satisfaction.
• Motivates and ensures associates perform to the high service level required, maximising total guest satisfaction.
• Maintain complete knowledge of:
o All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
o All hotel restaurant food concepts, menu price range, dress code and ambiance.
o All hotel catering events and restaurant covers.
o All hotel room inventory, daily occupancy, rate structure, targeted monthly and annual revenues.
• Recognize and reward associates that consistently perform through our Values Champion Program.
• Develops training programs for his/her department.
• Represents sections reporting to him/her at all department meetings.
• Gives guidance to staff in their professional development so as to prepare them for advancement opportunities.
• Interacts with guests regularly to obtain feedback on ways to improve the hotel’s services and facilities.
• Assists in the Lobby by providing leadership presence in the lobby and to meet and escort guests as required.
• Reviews and completes Front Office Manager’s checklist and ensure all areas are covered per checklist.
• Handles any service lapses that may arise within area of responsibility.
• Acts as a direct contact as related to front office for Groups, Sales, RSC, Financial Services and Corporate office to assist in resolving all outstanding issues.
• Monitors availability and occupancy on a daily basis and constantly communicates with revenue manager to resolve any challenging issues.
•Consistently acts in accordance with The Surrey labor relation’s philosophy, strategy and procedures as well as the specific policies and procedures as set forth in the various collective bargaining agreements.
• Approves all Purchases and par levels in line with checkbook and budget.
• Monitors and approves departmental labor productivity and flexing when necessary.
• Conducts interviews for all front office positions and has Hire/Fire authority with Human Resources approval.
• Responsible for the results and action planning for Departmental Brand Compliance Visits, Shop reports, Market Metrix scores and all guest comments/feedback sources.
• Ensures all No-Show charges are accurate and properly posted.
• Directs and maps sell-out strategies for the day of arrival.
• Works directly with Revenue Manager to ensure alignment of strategies for future night sell-outs.
• Assumes other duties as assigned by the Director of Rooms and General Manager.