Denihan Hospitality Group
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Submit Your Resume
Edit Your Profile
Front Desk Manager
• Provides an issue free work environment through motivation, support, empowerment and development for all personnel.
• Proactively strives to build positive working relationships through teamwork and clear communication.
• Ensures that all decisions and resulting actions are aligned with the Affinia policy of 100% guest satisfaction producing a high level of service.
• Has a strategic perspective by continuously developing our brand and integrating it into every aspect of the guest experience.
• Proactively participates in the comprehensive sales and marketing efforts.
• Updates / monitors daily payroll, ensuring all associates are punching in/out correctly
• Creates front office schedules for associates to present for approval to Assistant Director of Front office or Director of Front Office.
• Oversees Cash and Bank handling procedures with all associates on a daily basis and ensures adherence to company standards.
• Conducts Arrival and Departure audits in all areas of the Front Office.
• Executes sell outs by aggressively managing room inventory for day of arrival.
• Assists Guests Service Agents as needed with unresolved problems which arise during the shift and takes a “hands on” approach with guest “check in” and “check out”.
• Provides updated room availability and rate information to guest service agents and other managers as directed.
• Ensures that the proper tools and supplies needed to do the job are available.
• Ensures that the following activities are completed during the shift:
a. Housekeeping discrepancy reports are resolved.
b. Special room assignments are completed for individual and group arrivals.
c. Shift audits are complete and accurate.
d. Charges incurred during the shift are posted.
e. Rate changes are completed.
f. Special requests are fulfilled whenever possible.
g. “Zero the house” / Unexpected stay-overs are extended or checked out.
h. Same day after hours reservations are processed accordingly.
i. Key card system backup performed.
j. Assures credit check with credit limit report per SOP.
k. Variance report on rates, guest types and group codes completed.
l. Check-out/check-in is completed efficiently and orderly.
• Monitors computer equipment for proper functions and interfaces with computer departments as required.
• Reviews Pass-on log and Security log for any unresolved problems which need action and updates accordingly and communicates information to the appropriate people.
• Ensures associates understand Hotel/Brand commitment to guest service and observes standards of conduct, rules, fire regulations, and department policies.
• Ensures all associates have completed their work prior to the end of the work shift, including checklists, cash drops, etc.
• Pre-Shifts arriving associates on daily information and any special instructions prior to the start of their shift.
• Ensures all associates have left their work area clean and with proper supplies prior to the end of the work shift.
• Ensures GSA Collateral duties list is complete.
• Prepares and participates in Coaching / Counseling process (Disciplinary Action Forms) for Assistant Director of Front Office or Director of Front Office to review and facilitate.
• Performs the function of “manager on duty” and is the first point of contact for any issues that may arise during scheduled shift.
• Continuously evaluates the work performance of Front Desk Staff and provides ongoing coaching and counseling.
• Participates in preparing annual performance appraisals and in determining reasonable and equitable employee compensation.
• Recommends continuation of newly hired employees at the end of their qualifying period to Assistant Director of Front Office
• Promotes growth and development of associates by providing on going training.
• Assists in fire safety program or acts as fire safety director as required.
• Interacts with hotel and corporate management as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
• Fill’s in as GSA during peak check-in and check-out periods or as required.
Technical Skill Requirements:
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to create, implement and analyze manual and automated reports.
• Knowledgeable of all market segments, management strategies and techniques.
• Operational knowledge of reservations and national sales process.
• Knowledgeable of all corporate department functions.
• Ability to develop and deliver effective training.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Top Accounts for the Hotel, NYC markets, trends and all Affinia rates.
• Comprehensive knowledge of personal computers and various property specific applications, such as CLS, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Call Accounting/NEC, On Command, Key card and guest response systems.
Other Skill Requirements:
• Consistently strives for continuous improvement while ensuring a high level of professionalism.
• Creative and innovative thinker who can bring thoughts to actions with speed.
• Analytical approach to problem solving, solutions-oriented.
• Strong oral and written communication, decision-making, organization and leadership skills.
• Ability to perform effectively under high pressure/volume, self-motivated, high energy and enthusiastic.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Proven team leader or displays high leadership potential with a high level of energy and motivation.
• Results oriented with an emphasis on both individual and team accountability.
• College Degree
• Direct experience in front office operations.
• Previous management experience or leadership role.
• Fire Safety Certificate.
• CLS knowledge.
• Fluency in one of the following languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese or German.
Send This Job to a Friend