Hotel Jobs, Hospitality employment, Hotel Industry Careers, logo, Affinia Hotels, Denihan Hospitality Group  
by Denihan Hospitality Group
Browse Open Jobs | Search Open Jobs | Submit Your Resume | Edit Your Profile

Job Details


Requisition Number 18-0148
Post Date 10/12/2018
Title Housekeeping Manager
Property Name Gardens NYC
City New York
State NY
Part Time No
Shift Varies
Description

Overview: The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for planning and directing operations to improve productivity and efficiency in an attentive, friendly, and courteous manner.

Responsibilities:

  • Assist the Director of Housekeeping with managing the Housekeeping operation; in addition to providing support to other departments in the hotel as needed.
  • 80/20 rule is required to be applied.  This means, 80% of your work day needs to be positioned in the front of house areas as well on the guest room floors to drive the guest experience while the remaining 20% is to manage the necessary administrative and operational needs.
  • Ensure all areas of the lobby level are functioning to Hotel standards (e.g. cleanliness, guest only in authorized areas, bathroom cleanliness, outdoor cleanliness and conditions, elevator cleanliness and functionality, signage standards)
  • Monitor systems tracking guests requests and team member alerts (HotSOS, Vision for panic devices)
  • Handle guest’s special requests and customer complaints during shift.
  • Drive hotel guest satisfaction survey rankings by identifying root causes and sustaining ways to improve methods that lead to increased scores.
  • Investigate and handle complaints, disturbances, emergencies, etc. during shift
  • Manage Employee Payroll, track attendance, time edits, and conduct call-arounds for OT as needed, update scheduling and payroll daily to ensure any schedule variances are properly recorded
  • Coach, train, counsel hourly associates and administer discipline as needed
  • Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
  • Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
  • Conduct stand-up meetings for each shift worked
  • Ensure all associates are on time, in uniform, and take their break during the allotted time period ensuring areas maintain coverage.
  • Conduct continuous training with staff to refresh and enforce service standards.
  • Lead by example by serving as the ambassador of “doing the right thing” for our guests, associates, and the hotel.
  • Be an active contributor with improving participation and survey scores in our Associate Satisfaction Survey.
  • Comply with hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
  • Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
  • Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
  • Perform other duties as requested by manager
Requirements

Qualifications:

  • A minimum 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in a related field; or a 4-year degree and a minimum of 1 year of progressive experience in a related field.
  • Previous supervisory responsibilities
  • Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
  • Light work- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
  • Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
  • Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
  • Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
  • Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
  • Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
  • Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
  • Previous exposure to managing union team members preferred
Apply On-line
Send This Job to a Friend


hresources@denihan.com
Copyright © - Denihan Hospitality Group - All Rights Reserved