The In Room Dining Overnight Server provides prompt and guest centric service over the telephone by taking In Room Food and Beverage orders and by delivering Food and Beverages to guests’ rooms while maximizing sales and guest satisfaction following the
James service standards.
• Answers In Room Dining phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Records orders in PMS system and in the Daily Logs for IRD, repeats orders back to guests and ensures full understanding of the guest’s needs.
• Utilizes suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
• Has full knowledge of all menu items and is able to explain menu items to guest.
• Is able to make suggestions for dietary needs.
• Monitors and responds to all In Room Dining Hotsos calls.
• Delivers and serves food and beverages to hotel guests’ room.
• Sets up table and serves the order in the guest’s room.
• Ensures that the In Room Dining tray is set up according to The James Hotel Chicago standards and guest’s food order is complete.
• Completes customer payment transactions as outlined in cash and charge procedures.
• Maintains tray tracking system and ensures trays are removed from the guest corridors regularly throughout the shift.
• Performs set-up and closing sidework; stock service station, makes coffee, etc. Presents trays as necessary; prepares flatware “roll-ups”.
• Ensures high quality food and food presentation, timeliness, clean environment and sidework duties completed.
• Is able to find guest centric solutions (hugs the guest)
• Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
• Follows company policies and procedures.
• Communicates effectively and genuinely with guests, team members and other departments.
• Maintains a friendly and caring demeanor at all times in a fast pace environment.
• Demonstrates team work by co-operating and assisting colleagues as needed.
• Resolves guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer by being guest centric, friendly and caring. Communicates to Management any problems, complaints or unhappy guests.
• Is intuitive to guest needs, anticipates needs in job performance, being proactive instead of reactive.
• Attends all mandatory meetings and training classes.
Non Essential Functions:
• Any and all other duties deemed necessary by a member of management.
• Be involved in departmental meetings and committees.