|Req #●No. de réquisition●Bedarfs Nr.
Job Outline: An opportunity has arisen for a Buyer to join the Procurement team. This role supports Qioptiq operations by managing a portfolio of suppliers and commodities to meet the demands and goals of Qioptiq – including source, select and develop suppliers
capable of meeting the quality and delivery requirements of our customers
- Source, select and negotiate with suppliers to ensure the most cost effective supply of product /parts (cost of acquisition).
- Schedule the suppliers to meet on time delivery requirements to MRP.
- With guidance, prepare and implement supplier improvement plans to maximise the key metrics - Quality, delivery and cost
- Resolve supply problems through commercial acumen and involve relevant engineering support as required.
- Actively reduce the supply base to maximise spend with preferred suppliers, increasing leverage, response and improved relationships
- Achieve personal goals and objectives through detailed and proactive plans
It is essential that all candidates have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing experience
- Experience of MRP systems • Microsoft office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Time management and organisational skills and a commitment to meeting deadlines
- Degree/HNC in a related subject
- CIPS Qualification • Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic, team orientated, fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to forge and maintain stakeholder relations
The following knowledge areas are considered desirable, but not essential for the role:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Key Performance Indicators
- Manufacturing / Operations / Business qualification
- AS9100 Awareness and/or experience
||Send This Job to a Friend