This position is responsible for completing a training program which involves learning store or business unit management principles through a combination of study, workshops and “on-the-job” training. The Management Trainee is assigned to a Store Manager and works with the training and development staff to develop a personal job training schedule based on trainee’s education and previous work experience.
- Foster a customer driven culture that supports outstanding customer service.
- Cultivate and maintain a sales-focused climate, focusing on suggestive selling and growing the business.
- Instill proactive customer service behaviors in the store teams via ongoing coaching and training of all team members.
Leadership and Talent Management
- Learn how to build a talented store team by recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and developing store associates which are dedicated to extraordinary guest experiences.
- Demonstrate ownership by clearly communicating expectations to the store team, and holding themselves and others accountable for the results.
- Promote a high energy work climate that maximizes the potential of all associates and exemplifies Kangaroo Express’s commitment to excellence.
- Maintain store conditions and merchandising standards in a manner that is consistent with our “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” culture.
- Uphold company and customer expectations by providing appealing store conditions.
- Understand how to track and analyze store financial performance; identifying problems and implementing solution.
- Partner with the Store Manager to develop action plans which generate additional customer counts, increase revenues, and manage expenses.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates (2-year) or Bachelors (4-year) degrees is desired.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of industry experience or knowledge or applicable retail experience
- Management Trainees must complete all training and performance requirements in a satisfactory and timely manner.
GREAT BENEFITS (All benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Health Plans – Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision , Employee Assistance Plan
- Financial – 401 (k) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance – Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Spouse/Child Life Insurance
- Paid Time off – Vacation
Join us in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” environment at Kangaroo Express. Our application process may take up to 30 minutes to complete. We hope you’ll join us!