This position performs cleaning duties such as operating motor-driven equipment, mopping floors, washing walls and glass and removing debris. The Maintenance Associate assists in sanitation control, checking safety hazards and may perform routine maintenance duties including painting, rough carpentry and basic equipment repairs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Partial List)
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and vacuums floors using cleaning solutions, tools and equipment.
- Cleans, dusts or polishes walls, ceilings, windows, equipment and fixtures using a variety of hand or power tools.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Tends, cleans and adjusts heating and cooling systems.
- Mows lawn and removes weeds and brush; removes snow or debris from sidewalks and spreads snow melting chemicals.
- Assists in control of sanitation and checking facilities for safety hazards. Notifies Store Manager of any major repairs required.
- Services and repairs maintenance and cleaning equipment and performs minor maintenance tasks such as installing shelves or hooks and hanging signs; changing light bulbs; opening clogged drains and routine painting.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their design, use, benefits, repair and maintenance.
- Ability to identify maintenance needs and perform routine maintenance.
- Track record of job stability/tenure.
GREAT BENEFITS (All benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements):
- Health Plans – Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan
- Financial – 401K(k) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance – Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Spouse and Child Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Vacation
Join us in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” environment at Kangaroo Express. Our application process may take up to 25 minutes to complete. We hope you’ll join us!