The Store Sales Manager must be a champion of positive change. The manager initiates, drives and sustains continuous process improvements --keeping the Kangaroo brand, and our stores, famous among customers as "Fast, Friendly, and Clean”.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Partial list)
- Develops a customer driven culture that supports outstanding customer service.
- Develops and maintain a sales-focused climate, focusing on suggestive selling and growing sales volumes.
- Instills proactive customer support in the store teams via ongoing coaching and training.
Leadership and Talent Management
- Recruits, selects, hires, trains, schedules and coaches three or more employees such as Assistant Store Managers and Sales/Hospitality Associates to ensure that they are able to confidently perform their job duties and provide outstanding customer service.
- Trains and coaches the Assistant Manager and Sales Associates to ensure that they are confidently able to perform all job duties.
- Conducts associate performance assessments, manages ongoing performance, provides discipline when appropriate and recommends pay increases or promotions.
Operational Standards and Compliance
- Complies and promotes all compliance regulatory requirements in areas such as fuel safety, age-related work restrictions, store safety, and employment law.
- Constantly reviews the store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns and areas for improvement. Verifies cleaning processes are executed to ensure a clean shopping environment, as well as, proper scheduling of store team members to ensure fast speed of service and excellent guest service.
- Maintains ownership for store financial and operating results. Uses available reports and information systems to analyze financial performance and identify trends, problems and growth opportunities within stores.
- Analyze financial performance of the restaurant and work with the Store Manager, Food Service DM and DM to create action plans to improve restaurant performance.
- Tracks and reports changes in the local business environment such as store openings or closings, changes in traffic patterns that could positively or negatively affect guest counts, revenues or merchandise mix.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is minimally required. Associate’s Degree or better is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of industry experience or knowledge or applicable retail experience.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and take corrective actions to support sales growth.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
GREAT BENEFITS (All benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements):
- Health Plans – Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision , Employee Assistance Plan
- Financial – 401 (k) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance – Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Spouse and Child Life Insurance
- Paid Time off – Vacation
Join us in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” environment at Kangaroo Express. Our application process may take up to 30 minutes to complete. We hope you’ll join us!