Guest Service Requirement
At JACK Thistledown, we are a diverse group of team members who possess a friendly disposition, attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to superior guest service. JACK Thistledown is committed to providing the best experience any customer can have,
so exceptional guest service is our #1 priority, and our team members are our most valuable asset.
Reporting Directly to the Security Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing superior service to JACK Thistledown guests by seeking out opportunities to be of service; by maintaining highly visible patrols to insure a safe gaming experience;
and by assuring quality support to other departments so that they may serve guests more effectively. Maintaining public order, enforcing safety rules, protecting property and assets, and investigating disturbances in the casino and surrounding areas.
The Security position will be charged with protecting company assets and providing a safe environment for our team members and guests. Essential daily duties will include:
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of guests and fellow team members.
- Gives directions and provides escort to customers in need.
- Provide security during the VLT drop by keeping unauthorized persons out of the immediate area of the drop. Maintain sight of the drop team and keys during the VLT drop.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external guests
- Monitors entrances and employee entrance to ensure no one under 21 years of age enters the Racino.
- Provides assistance to civil and law enforcement authorities, including testimony in court and other administrative hearings.
- Regularly provides escorts of money and persons in money-handling positions.
- Provides first aid, including CPR when necessary.
- Patrols all sections of property to identify safety hazards and breaks in security.
- Interviews, investigates and documents all applicable incidents in accordance with company policy.
- Creates and logs detailed descriptions of lost and found items.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Addresses any individual found in areas not authorized.
- Escorts guests and team members as directed or requested.
- Manages calls, computer, and radio traffic in the dispatch office.
- Attempts to maintain law and order on property in conjunction with local law enforcement agencies.
- Any and all other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2 years minimum working experience in the security or police field/2 years minimum education related field, law enforcement, security, investigations, etc. or, a minimum of 2 years of combined field experience and education or a minimum of 2 years of experience
in the customer service/hospitality industry.
- Must be able to obtain an Ohio Lottery Commission license