||Racino Services Rep_Thistledown
Guest Service Requirement
At JACK Entertainment, we are a diverse group of team members who possess a friendly disposition, attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to superior guest service. JACK Entertainment is committed to providing the best experience any customer can
have, so exceptional guest service is our #1 priority, and our team members are our most valuable asset.
Reporting directly to the Racino Services Supervisor, the Racino Services Representative is responsible for all cash service needs of our Racino guests while maintaining appropriate accountability for inventory. The Racino Services Representative is also
responsible for greeting and activating player’s JACK Club card at the lecterns and working the promotion area during entry activation. Must be able to explain and communicate current Racino programs and promotions to players. Delivers truly great guest service
while performing transactions such as chip and token redemption, check cashing and credit card cash advance, along with servicing our in house check-cashing players.
- Consistently demonstrates superior customer service skills by displaying outlined service behaviors
- Maintains an upbeat and positive attitude, creates positive energy with gestures and sustains enthusiasm from one interaction to the next
- Creates an atmosphere of luck and celebrates guest’s wins
- Is ready to serve and is informed of daily information; builds relationships by greeting guests with a warm, friendly verbal greeting
- Anticipates needs and provides fast, flawless service
- Checks for satisfaction and effectively resolves service breakdowns when they exist
- Promotes CLUB JACK programs and card membership
- Provides a warm farewell and thanks guests for visiting
- Responsible for the operation of assigned window to include exchange of currency for coins/tokens
- Prepares hand-paid jackpots and hopper fills through ThistleDown’s Slot Data System. Issues jackpots and hoppers to appropriate VLT or Security personnel
- Responsible for generating and issuing to patrons pari-mutuel tickets and credit vouchers, making simulcast payouts and redeeming credit vouchers
- Verifies all funds at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Ensures accountability of all transactions through verification and documentation of exchanges
- Promotes positive interaction with ThistleDown’s guests and employees at all times
- Provides a fun-filled, entertaining environment for our guests through flawless delivery and execution of service
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Literate and fluent in basic English
- Excellent Math Skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Basic computer skills (basic word and excel skills are necessary)
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to perform tasks with high efficiency and accuracy
- Above average organizational abilities for sorting money, chips, coupons and other paper work by table number
- Ability to work in a small area with the same people for extended periods of time
- Flexible availability including ability to work holidays and weekends
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time (4 hours).
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling employee conflicts.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.; and, have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing dust, loud noises and bright lights.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects, and not be frustrated by changing priorities and unforeseen obstacles to achieving objectives.
- Ability to speak distinctly and persuasively.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 6 months previous money handling experience
- 1 Year of Customer Service required
- Previous experience in performing detailed work preferred
- Must be able to obtain an Ohio Lottery Commission license