||Community Recreational Therapist (PD)
|Hours Per Pay Period
||Children’s Specialized Hospital is the nation’s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges — from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal
cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health. At 13 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so
children can achieve more of their goals.
Collaborates with the Community Recreation Coordinator to assist with coordinating and instructing adapted recreation programs for children with special needs in the community. These programs include but are not limited to aquatics, martial arts, camps and
Friday Night Fever activities. Responsibilities include instructing classes, coordination of volunteers, assisting with registrations and set up of programs. Works closely with foundation to secure grant| donation funding and serves as liaison to community
to assess needs for additional services.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs developmentally|functionally appropriate assessment according to standards of practice to determine course of treatment. Plan, implement and evaluates treatment plans.
• When applicable, completes all documentation on time according to hospital and department policies. Goals are written in functional and measurable terms.
• Develop, coordinate and implement appropriate programming for a variety of age and diagnostic groups, matching development level, interests and abilities.
• Effectively utilizes and supervises volunteers.
• Supervises and|or assists student interns as designated.
• Assist with personal, department and hospital growth and development through involvement in research, professional organizations and presentations to promote best practice and maintain certification.
• Assist with the coordination of programs and projects enabling the department and hospital to meet the mission and meet or exceed their goals.
• Maintain recreation areas, equipment, storage and supplies in a safe efficient manner.
||Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Bachelors degree in Recreation from an accredited program, with a therapeutic recreation emphasis. Ability to plan activities and to adapt to the environment to suit a variety of disabling conditions. Tact, enthusiasm, initiative, and judgment in performance
of duties. Member of ATRA preferred. Completion of a pediatric affiliation or work experience with pediatrics.
* NCTRC Certification or eligible. Water Safety Instructor Certification. AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
* NJ State Drivers License.
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
Job Specific Contacts
* Direct contact with patients, families, other therapists, nursing staff, volunteers, community groups and universities.
* Physical stamina to lift, push and pull patients and equipment. Therapeutic handling of patients.
Working Environment - Additional Comments
* Recreation playrooms, nursing unit, community locations, playground, pool and therapy gyms.
Job Provides Direction To
* May supervise students and volunteers.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend