||Security Officer (PD)
||Children’s Specialized Hospital is the nation’s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges — from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal
cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
Children's Specialized Hospital is now in its third century of caring for those in need. Our Boards of Trustees, physicians, therapists, nurses, staff, volunteers, and donors remain dedicated to the very ideals of the Hospital's founders and committed to providing
the best care possible so that every child who seeks our help reaches their fullest potential.
At 16 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
Safeguard and protect life and property by regular patrols of grounds and internal facilities to prevent fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry; to insure enforcement of safety and visitor regulations.
Essential Job Functions
• Periodically tours buildings and grounds, examining doors, windows and gates to determine that they are secure.
• Enforces all Hospital and Out Patient Center’s rules, regulations policies and procedures. Assists supervisors in maintaining a quiet, safe building free from disorderly persons.
• Confronts unauthorized persons for questioning, routes or directs; telephones police for assistance; sounds fire signal to alert the Fire Department, EMS, Hospital and Off Site facility's personnel in the event of fire or disaster.
• Directs Fire Department and EMS to location of fire and/or disaster.
• Reports any unusual conditions or malfunctioning of heating, plumbing or electrical systems, as well as safety hazards.
• Checks interior and exterior lighting devices, access routes to entrance.
• Assists others when aid is requested.
• Conducts incident investigations in areas of responsibility and is responsible for submitting reports of all happenings during the tour of duty assignments.
• Maintains records and safeguards all personal property received until final disposition is made; responsible for proper maintenance of security department equipment issued.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
||Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Good verbal and written English communication skills. Must be able to tactfully explain and effectively enforce all security regulations.
* Current and in Good Standing NJ State Drivers License
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
* Prefer experience in security, safety or related field or student training in Criminal Justice or related course work. Bilingual in Spanish preferred for day shift officers.
Job Specific Contacts
* Regular contact with all hospital personnel, patients and visitors.
* May be exposed to all weather conditions.
Working Environment - Additional Comments
* Must be able to visually observe and evaluate conditions and situations. Must be able to perform light work which may involve light lifting or carrying. Must be able to perform hour long walking tours.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend