||Certified Medical Assistant (PD)
||Children’s Specialized Hospital is the nation’s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges — from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal
cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health. At 13 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so
children can achieve more of their goals.
Assists the Ambulatory Services staff by providing direct patient care, procedures and clerical support services.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist professional nursing staff by providing direct patient care. Prepares charts, takes temperature, pulse, perform screenings, blood pressure and respiration and other duties as assigned.,
• Assist physicians by maintaining practice workflow, organizing exam rooms, maintaining and ordering supplies, screening patient requests and other duties as assigned such as blood draws, POC testing as directed by Provider.
• Responsible for workflow in practice to ensure timely appointments and decreased wait-times to see Provider.
• Provides support to the Scheduling Coordinators by scheduling accurate initial evaluations, follow up appointments and cancellations.
• Initiates all appointment reminder calls in a professional and courteous manner, projecting appropriate language and tone of voice.
• Follows instructions closely and reports observations and symptoms indicative of patient’s reactions to treatments and patient complaints.
• Demonstrates effective oral, listing and written communication skills that facilitate positive customer relationships and staff interaction in the delivery of care.
• Prioritizes duties and responsibilities and completes them accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Maintains competence and demonstrates responsible judgment by updating knowledge, referring problems through appropriate channels and observing the policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates an ability to adapt to changing circumstances related to internal and external factors.
• Willingness to travel to other CSH Medical Practice sites to provider cross-coverage.
• Provides support for patient check out process to ensure patient|family receive all appropriate documentation related to visit as requested.
||Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Graduate from Certified Medical Assistant program.. Previous experience as Nursing Assistant preferred. Must have telephone and computer skills.
* Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA)—or CMA (AAMA) AHA BLS Provider Certification required
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
* Tact and courtesy, patience, empathy and understanding. Sound problem-solving and communication skills. Able to maintain confidentiality of information.
Job Specific Contacts
* Patients, families, nursing personnel and other hospital staff.
* Contact with medications, chemicals and equipment. Must have physical stamina to be on feet most of the day and strength to lift, pull and push furniture and equipment and move patients.
Working Environment - Additional Comments
Job Provides Direction To
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend