||Registered Nurse (PD)
|Hours Per Pay Period
||Children’s Specialized Hospital is the nation’s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges — from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal
cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health. At 13 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so
children can achieve more of their goals.
Provide rehabilitative nursing care for pediatric patients and their families. May function as relief Charge Nurse.
Essential Job Functions
* Demonstrates evidence of use of the nursing process within time frames defined by the hospital and departmental policy. Recognizes and accurately identifies patient and family health care needs.
* Plans, implements and evaluates pediatric rehab plans for patients with a variety of problems. Begins to plan and implement pediatric rehabilitation rationales.
* Implements appropriate and individualized patient and family education within time frames defined by hospital and departmental policy. Begins planning and implementing patient and family education.
* Understands the importance of the interdisciplinary process. Functions as a rehab nurse in a team structure. Promotes continuity of nursing care and interdisciplinary interventions.
* Incorporates LPNs and nursing assistants into attainment of short term goals and delegates appropriately.
* Recognizes and respects patient|family rights in a culturally and religiously sensitive environment of care.
* Requests guidance from CNII, III, and other resources when appropriate. Supports hospital’s policies and procedures.
* Consistently appraises clinical performance and learning needs through self evaluation. Exhibits consistent professional behavior and is accountable for actions with regard to professional issues.
* Guides, assists and serves as a role model for, LPNs, nurse externs, nursing assistants, nursing students and new staff.
* Assumes the role of relief charge nurse. Keeps nursing supervisor informed of patient needs and problems. Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Desired criteria include: Graduate of National League of Nursing Accredited School of Nursing. 6 or more months nursing experience. Pediatric and | or rehabilitative nursing experience. BSN preferred.
* AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
* Current NJ RN License.
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
* Evidence of interpersonal skill and ability to collaborate with others.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend