||Certified Nursing Assistant
|Hours Per Pay Period
||Children’s Specialized Hospital is the nation’s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges — from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal
cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
Children's Specialized Hospital is now in its third century of caring for those in need. Our Boards of Trustees, physicians, therapists, nurses, staff, volunteers, and donors remain dedicated to the very ideals of the Hospital's founders and committed to providing
the best care possible so that every child who seeks our help reaches their fullest potential.
At 16 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
Assists professional nursing staff by providing direct patient care and other support services.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides direct personal care of patients as directed by nurse and patient care plan. This includes bedside carry-over for all patient assignments and answering call lights for all patients on the unit. These tasks must be performed in a timely manner.
• Recognizes and respects patient and family needs providing a comfortable culturally sensitive environment for care.
• Performs designated unit duties such as, but not limited to, restocking supplies at patient bedside, replacing suction bottles and maintaining order on the unit.
• Assists with laundry upon request.
• Answers telephone and relays messages when necessary.
• Performs all duties with a customer service focus.
||Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Evidence of interpersonal skill and ability to collaborate with others.
* Current Certified Long Term Care Facility Nursing Assistant certification and placement on the NJ Nurse Aide Registry. AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
* 6 months experience preferred. Placement on the NJ Nurse Aide Registry. Basic computer skills required.
Job Specific Contacts
* Continual contact with patients, families, visitors and all hospital departments and staff.
* Pediatric patient care units.
Working Environment - Additional Comments
* Contact with medications, chemicals and equipment. Physical stamina and ability to safely lift and move objects and people.
Job Provides Direction To
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend