Please scroll all the way down and click "Apply On-Line" to apply for this posting.
• Reports To: Associate Vice President, Creative Services and Brand Strategy
• Department: Marketing
• Office Location: Manassas
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Date Posted: September 13, 2018
• Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Marketing Creative Copywriter works closely with the creative design team to develop consumer-focused, brand-driven copy that is effective and engaging across traditional and digital channels.
- Creates successful, well-crafted headlines, body copy, and calls-to-action to be used in a variety of branded marketing assets including print, digital, video, and more.
- Understands user personas and demographics to tailor rich content that identifies with and compels key audiences.
- Edits work with an exceptional eye for spelling, grammar, syntax, structure, and voice.
- Collaborates with graphic designers, web content strategists, and stakeholders to leverage “voice of the customer” and other functional expertise.
- Reviews and optimizes content created by other experts across the university.
- Follows and maintains internal guidelines, brand style guides, and regulatory policies to ensure messaging is transparent, accurate, and compliant for prospective audiences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Manassas, VA.
- This position is located at the APUS Manassas, VA office. Incumbent may have the option to telecommute as work allows, up to a maximum of two days per week, based on the needs of the business and at the supervisor’s discretion.
- The position will require limited travel.
- Ability to write clear, concise copy that is informative and creative.
- Superior editing and proofreading skills combined with the ability to consult with fellow leaders to refine their copy to exacting standards.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and working autonomously to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholder levels and technical resources.
- An appreciation for how copywriting and design fit together to directly impact customer behavior and achieve business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English, journalism, technical publishing, or related fields required.
- Three or more years of experience working as a copywriter at an innovative company (or equivalent experience that is demonstrable with a quality portfolio) required.
- Strong examples that clearly show a talent for writing creative and impactful copy.
- Experience creating copy for online marketing campaigns preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of printing and digital-publishing processes preferred.
- Expertise with design technologies and applications including adobe creative suite preferred.
- Experience working for a creative advertising or digital agency preferred.
||Send This Job to a Friend