||Senior Web Content Strategist
Please scroll all the way down and click "Apply On-Line" to apply for this posting.
• Reports To: Associate Vice President, Creative Services and Brand Strategy
• Department: Marketing
• Office Location: Manassas
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Date Posted: September 13, 2018
• Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
We’re seeking a marketing communications professional who thrives in a dynamic environment, appreciates teamwork, and exemplifies integrity, perseverance, and flexibility. This web content strategist role requires the incumbent to
be creative, yet technical, and motivated to solve complex problems. This role will envision and create optimal web user experiences that balance and meet stakeholder requirements, best practices, and desired results. This is not a long-form writing role,
but requires the ability to write concise, compelling content for web pages while leading critical web-development functions in an enterprise environment.
- Strategically interfaces with subject-matter experts throughout the university to understand and solve for their web content and user experience needs.
- Champions and contributes to the success of content creation and management across all web properties.
- Creates compelling content based on key themes and messages and different buyer personas in all stages of the marketing funnel.
- Manages the day-to-day flow of content across multiple content management systems.
- Performs content audits, including qualitative and quantitative analysis, and content gap analyses.
- Collaborates with visual designers and front-end developers on requirements for wireframes and designs.
- Builds content libraries (using a knowledgebase system) to help manage, repurpose, and share approved messaging and copy snippets.
- Defines and enforces internal style and brand guidelines across the organization.
- Performs competitive analysis against a set of heuristics and uses the resulting data to continually enhance and optimize content and design.
- Works with the analytics team to ensure that data and customer insights drive content decisions and standards.
- Helps research and craft user personas in order to develop content that speaks directly to and engages those audiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Manassas, VA.
- Incumbent may have the option to telecommute as work allows, up to a maximum of 2 days per week, based on the needs of the business and at the supervisor’s discretion.
- The position will require limited travel.
- Proven talent for creating concise content for mobile-responsive websites or applications.
- Ability to organize and lead content management in an enterprise web environment.
- Superior editing and proofreading skills, as well as demonstrable professional experience writing for the web in both B2C and B2B voices.
- High level of expertise with web authoring platforms and design technologies including content management systems and adobe creative suite, as well as a working understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Strong documentation skills including the ability to execute and deliver content and direction using tools such as wireframes, spreadsheet matrices, content docs, and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills working with all stakeholder levels and technical resources.
- Capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work autonomously towards deadlines.
- Expert understanding of social media, seo, cross-platform publishing, and new trends in mobile publishing.
- Experience consulting with clients/stakeholders to truly understand customer needs.
- Prior advertising, interactive agency, or web services experience.
- Excel spreadsheet and database management experience, and powerpoint skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, english, journalism, technical publishing, or related fields required. Master's degree preferred.
- Six or more years of content strategy experience in an online environment preferred.
- An online portfolio of website writing samples and/or content strategy deliverables will be required for consideration.
||Send This Job to a Friend