||Project Manager, IT
||Charles Town, WV
Please scroll all the way down and click "Apply On-Line" to apply for this posting.
Reports To: Senior Manager, Project Management
Department: Information Technology
Office Location: Charles Town, WV
Date Posted: September 13, 2018
Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
American Public University System (APUS) is seeking a Project Manager (PM) with strong project management, technical, business and personal leadership skills to lead multiple initiatives across the enterprise. The incumbent should have strong analytical
and facilitation skills with the ability to interpret and anticipate customer needs in order to develop clear and attainable goals, objectives and execution plans. The PM is responsible for scope, time, financial, quality and overall performance management.
- Leads others through business change and implementation plans. Drives teams to consensus and completion.
- Interprets business needs and defines realistic goals and objectives.
- Scopes projects to align with goals and objectives and deliver incremental value.
- Holds individuals accountable for project deliverables.
- Proactively anticipates and manages risk.
- Determines the most appropriate project lifecycle to follow based on project factors.
- Manages, scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk and overall performance.
- Adheres to all APEI project management and IT standards.
- Evaluates and manages third party contracts and resources to improve project performance.
- Identifies, coordinates, and manages internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with all levels of stakeholders.
- Builds, leads and motivates project teams. Facilitates project team meetings and workshops to problem solve to resolution and successful outcomes. Keeps project team on task to meet project deadlines.
- Anticipates project challenges and risk scenarios and prepares, leads, and executes proactive response strategies to ensure optimal results.
- Focuses on quality and value in all project activities.
- Ensures compliance with project quality standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Handles multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
- Exhibits superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Provides exceptional service orientation.
- Identifies problems, determine accuracy and relevancy of information and apply sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
- Delivers excellent verbal and written communication to include expression of facts and ideas, interpretation of information and the ability to make clear and convincing presentation. Able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Displays strong project management and leadership skills.
- Develops actionable, realistic work plans.
- Possesses strong facilitation skills.
- Performs work independently as well as a team leader and team contributor.
- Sets and manage priorities judiciously.
- Maintains strong self-motivation and team motivation through high degrees of collaboration.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of project management, computer science, business administration or related field required. An advanced degree in one of these fields is a preferred.
- Project management certification is preferred.
- Five years’ experience managing IT projects, preferably in higher education.
- Experience using microsoft office products, especially sharepoint, project, excel, word, team foundation server, powerpoint and visio preferred.
- Experience with agile/scrum development methodology as well as more formalized waterfall-style software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience supporting enterprise level projects.
||Send This Job to a Friend